If you haven’t noticed, the culotte pant has taken over this season. From everything from crop ankles, high-waisted bottoms, to side slit details, we’ve got you covered with what to look for this season, and how to wear it right!
Showing off the ankles is the name of the game this season. Here’s everything you need to know to pull off these looks.
The Culotte Trend: Why I’m loving it!
It’s something new and fresh for your Spring wardrobe! The relaxed bottom also enhances the figure of your waist.
- Style Tip: The key to wearing culotte’s is finding the right fit for your body. When you’re trying on styles, make sure they’re high enough on your waistline. The fit should be tight at the top, but relaxed from the hip down. Try this Alice + Olivia Graham Side Pleated Pant.
The Open Slit Bottom Trend: Why I’m loving it!
This a great way to show off some skin!
- Style Tip: When you have a wide legged pant, you don’t need anything more than a cool pair of sneakers/slides in the day, and a feminine heel at night. Add a crop jacket with a high/low top and a cool pair of earrings to balance the look from top to bottom. Try these Keepsake Dark Paradise Pants.
The Crop Ankle Trend: Why I’m loving it!
A cropped jean like these Frame Le Crop or pant is such a great way to update your wardrobe this season. Try and pair these with a high-low top like this Halston high-low, or a simple button down like this Rails Happy Hour Top.
- Style Tip: Balance the look by tucking your top in, or wearing a high low top that skims the waist.
The High-Waisted Trend: Why I’m loving it!
This trend hides love handles, avoids plumbers crack, flattens the tummy and shows off the waist.
- Style Tip: If you want to hide your butt, try pairing these Caara High Waisted Jeans with a top that hits the hip bone in the front, and is long in the back.
What to Avoid!
Don’t pair a wide legged pant like culottes with a boxy top. You want to keep your top fitted. Try pairing culottes with a bodysuit like this ruffled bodysuit and blazer, or opt for the crop look.
- If you feel like you want to hide your belly, find a cropped blazer that hits you at the top of your hipbone, to balance the proportions.
Wondering if your body type can pull off this season’s trends? I’m here to tell you yes!
Style Tip: Every body type can pull these trends off. Pair these bottoms with a short, fitted jacket or blazer. It elongates your body. Use a slide with a chunky or feminine heel like these Schutz Allana Point Toe Mule.